Gawad Metronian Educational Foundation (GMEFI), a non-stock and non-profit organization offers scholarships to poor but deserving students through the Foundation’s Scholarship and Educational Assistance Program.
This school year 2016, the GMEFI Board of Trustees has decided to offer two  slots for Persons with Disability [PWD] studying in any school in Metro-Manila in line with their desire to provide education to PWDs following the principle of Inclusion and Mainstreaming in education. Those who are eligible may apply for scholarship in Basic Education Course [Grade 7 to K12].
The scholarships and educational assistance offered by GMEFI are in two categories:
- ACADEMIC – Successful applicants who graduated with honors from elementary school with graduating class of not less than 40 students can avail of the following:
Valedictorian – free tuition fees, free miscellaneous fees, free computer fees except other fees. They shall receive book/uniform allowance of ₱5,000.00 per annum
Salutatorian – free tuition fees, free miscellaneous fees, except computer fees and other fees. They shall receive book/uniform allowance of ₱3,000.00 per annum
Honorable Mentions – free tuition fees, free miscellaneous fees, except computer fees and other fees. They shall receive book/uniform allowance of ₱1,500.00 per annum
- NON-ACADEMIC – Those who graduated without honors, and/or those who are already studying in Grade 8 or up, and wants to avail of the scholarship may also apply. He/she must have an average grade of 85%. However, successful applicants can avail of free tuition fees only.
Requirements for Admission
- Completely filled-up Scholarship or Educational Assistance Application Form;
- Form No. 138;
- Original copy of Birth Certificate issued by NSO;
- Certificate of good moral character from the School Principal where he/she graduated; or, where he/she is currently studying;
- Income Tax Return [ITR] of parents or guardian or affidavit of family income of not more than P150,000.00 per annum
- Recommendation from Guidance Counsellor and/or Social Case Study Report by appointed Registered Social Worker of designated Local Government Unit for non-Academic Scholars;
Interested persons may inquire at the GMEFI office for information, telephone # 936-36-27, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about Gawad Metronian Educational Foundation, Inc. visit our website: gawadmetronian.org